The Beer Junkies is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The Beer Junkies may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 11/03/2022
- The Beer Junkies
- The Beer Junkies means https://thebeerjunkies.com
- Our address is: 295 Worth Ave #1068, Stafford, Virginia 22556, United States
- General Data Protection Regulation Act
- Data Controller
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed
- Data Processor
- Data Processor means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller
- Data Subject
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data
Principles For Processing Data
Our principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of the Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed, and used.
What We Collect
While you visit our site, The Beer Junkies collect several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Job title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Preferences and interests
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details, and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who On Our Team Has Access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
The Beer Junkies legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information:
- The Beer Junkies needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given The Beer Junkies permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in The Beer Junkies legitimate interests
- The Beer Junkies needs to comply with the law
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, particularly for internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting, using the email address you provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use technologies, such as cookies (https://www.aboutcookies.org), to customize content and advertising, provide social media features, and to analyze traffic to the site. We may also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Retention of Personal Data
The Beer Junkies will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy.
The Beer Junkies will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will always be given the opportunity to unsubscribe or be removed from any mailings or marketing. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.